CA daily briefing: Tuesday 21 April
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here with your Tuesday briefing.
The latest from ICAS
Today we are launching a new weekly email for members and moving our daily news briefing – CA Today – to the ICAS PWA (progressive web app). Find out more here.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Rishi Sunak's furlough support scheme fails to reassure Britons (The Guardian)
- Virgin Australia slumps into administration (BBC News)
- US oil prices rebound into positive territory after historic crash (City AM)
- UK jobless claims rise in glimpse of losses to come (Bloomberg)
- Primark owner AB Foods omits dividend to save cash in coronavirus crisis (Reuters)
- UK employment rate at record high before lockdown (BBC News)
- London Stock Exchange still confident on $27 billion Refinitiv deal (Reuters)
- MPs investigate commercial property purchases by councils (Reuters)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.