CA daily briefing: Tuesday 2 June
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
ICAS, ICAEW and PRAG have published new joint guidance on pension scheme reports and financial statements and related matters in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Christine Scott highlights the key points of the guide.
Today's top stories from around the web
- House prices see largest monthly fall for 11 years (BBC News)
- Johnson targets Brexit trade talks with von der Leyen to agree summer deal (City AM)
- Plunging cost of wind and solar marks turning point in energy transition (Reuters)
- Lufthansa Gains Following Breakthrough on $10 Billion Bailout (Bloomberg)
- Gordon Brown urges G20 countries to back $2.5tn coronavirus plan (The Guardian)
- Bosses believe working from home saves money, poll claims (The Independent)
- Quarantine-free air bridges could be in place 'by end of June' (Sky News)
- Delay to digital links mandate is good news (Accountancy Age)
- LSE finds broad backing for shorter trading hours (City AM)
That's all for now. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.