CA daily briefing: Tuesday 19 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here with the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
ICAS and ICAEW have today jointly published free-to-access guidance for owners and directors of SMEs to assess the prospects of their business in the wake of COVID-19.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Huge rise in people claiming unemployment benefit (BBC News)
- 6,000 jobs at risk as Cafe Rouge and Bella Italia owner faces collapse (City AM)
- FTSE 100 hits 19-day high as investors bet on recovery (Reuters)
- Merkel offers breakthrough deal to shield EU from virus fallout (Bloomberg)
- Legal case launched over UK's 'outdated' energy policies (The Guardian)
- DST to 'blossom' post coronavirus (Accountancy Age)
- Government outlines new post-Brexit global trade tariffs (City AM)
- UK announces new post-Brexit global tariff regime (Reuters)
That's all for now. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.