CA daily briefing: Tuesday 15 December
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
ICAS Council made a total of 28 appointments to Council, Boards and Committees in 2020, all of which have an essential role to play in ICAS’ governance, operations, qualifications and policy leadership. Find out more about all 28 appointees.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK loses 819,000 paid jobs since start of pandemic (BBC News)
- EU joins UK in rolling out sweeping new fines for tech giants (City AM)
- Britain needs EU to move for mutually beneficial trade deal, minister says (Reuters)
- Biden says ‘time to turn the page’ after Electoral College win (Bloomberg)
- Sizewell C: government reignites £20bn nuclear power station row (The Guardian)
- IFA: Entities in dark over HMRC customer charter revamp (Accountancy Age)
- TalkTalk nears agreement on £1.8bn Toscafund takeover deal (Sky News)
- LoveHolidays to refund £18m for cancelled holidays (BBC News)
- FTSE slides further into the red after record redundancies (City AM)
- BAME groups hit by Covid 'triple whammy', official UK study finds (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.