CA daily briefing: Tuesday 14 July
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you today's news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
In his latest article, James Barbour looks at the FRC's review, which reveals that audit firms have introduced a range of additional measures to enhance their evaluation of companies’ going concern assessments, since the start of the COVID-19 emergency.
Susan Cattell outlines ICAS recommendations for facilitating the development of effective tax policy.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK economy shrinks by one-fifth under lockdown (BBC News)
- Retail footfall growth doubles as consumers return to high streets (City AM)
- EU budget plan falls far short on climate goals, researchers say (Reuters)
- Offshore wind energy investment quadruples despite COVID-19 slump (The Guardian)
- Millionaires urge governments to tax them more to help fund coronavirus recovery (The Independent)
- G4S to cut more than 1,100 jobs in its UK cash business (Sky News)
- Huawei: UK prepares to change course on 5G kit supplier (BBC News)
- Revenue soars at Ocado during lockdown (City AM)
- A third of British company audits failed quality test - watchdog (Reuters)
- ‘Brexit ready’ campaign launches (Reuters)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.