CA daily briefing: Tuesday 12 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Member views from our latest survey are helping to drive our continuous improvement. Read some of the key feedback ICAS has received and learn about the range of actions ICAS is taking to improve the Member experience.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Retail sales in 2020 worst on record, says BRC trade body (BBC News)
- Tech firms under pressure as Europe poised for modest rebound (City AM)
- Deutsche Bank will not do future business with Trump: NYT (Reuters)
- Euro area heads for double-dip recession as lockdowns drag on (Bloomberg)
- Loophole' will let UK continue to ship plastic waste to poorer countries (The Guardian)
- Sainsbury's and Morrisons to enforce mask wearing in shops (Sky News)
- UK economy 'to get worse before it gets better' (BBC News)
- Marks & Spencer buys Jaeger out of administration (City AM)
- Cut UK interest rate below zero to aid growth, says Bank policymaker (The Guardian)
- Bitcoin price suddenly plunges 20% - wiping $10,000 off the value of a single coin (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.