CA daily briefing: Tuesday 11 August
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here bringing you the latest news from ICAS and around the world.
The latest from ICAS
The FRC has announced the UK adoption of International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) 3000. Anne Adrain provides an update in her latest article.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK employment falls by biggest amount in over a decade (BBC News)
- TSB to phase out branch cashier roles in job cuts (City AM)
- BoE to step up quantitative easing if economy slows again (Reuters)
- Macron is the wild card in the UK's attempt to get an EU deal (Bloomberg)
- UK banks treating transfer scam victims unfairly, says Which? (The Guardian)
- Tax affairs of 246 professional footballers investigated by HMRC (Sky News)
- Apple boss Tim Cook joins the billionaires club (BBC News)
- The UK is falling behind in AI race, warns Microsoft (City AM)
- Stimulus hopes boost London stocks (Reuters)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.