CA daily briefing: Tuesday 1 December
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here with the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
An ICAS Special General Meeting was held online on 30 November, with Members asked to vote on a range of resolutions. These included the final recommendations of the Comprehensive Governance Review. Find out more about the results here.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Debenhams faces uncertain future as JD Sports quits rescue talks (BBC News)
- Topshop owner Arcadia collapses putting 13,000 jobs at risk (City AM)
- Brexit is still stuck as EU is being unfair, UK says (Reuters)
- Brexit: New unit to monitor border disruption once transition period ends (Sky News)
- FTSE 100 records best month since 1989 after Covid vaccine hopes (The Guardian)
- Christmas tree sales boom as people decorate early (BBC News)
- UK house prices grew at fastest rate since 2015 in November (City AM)
- UK house prices jump by most in nearly six years - Nationwide (Reuters)
- Asian manufacturing boom offers hope for swifter global recovery from Covid (The Guardian)
- Digital markets unit launched to create pro-competition tech regime (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.