CA daily briefing: Thursday 8 April
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
In our latest blog, ICAS Lecturer Hannah Davis CA, explores whether being ‘green’ is just the latest trend for businesses and whether they are genuinely sustainable.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Covid: Shed and garage offices pose insurance risk (BBC News)
- Asos bags record profit as pandemic continues to drive sales (City AM)
- UK-based equity funds see record $4.1 billion inflows in March, says Calastone (Reuters)
- COVID-19: HSBC could move more than 1,200 staff to permanent work-from-home contracts (Sky News)
- UK retailers join pubs and clubs in rejecting Covid-status certificates (The Guardian)
- Investment set for super deduction tax boost for manufacturers (Accountancy Daily)
- Women could be owed 'lottery-winning' pension sums (BBC News)
- FTSE 250: The best and worst performers ranked as index hits record high (City AM)
- Britain will have enough electricity over summer, says National Grid (Reuters)
- Why Ireland will be among those most wary of America's push for global corporation tax rate (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.