CA daily briefing: Thursday 3 December
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here with the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Our December/January CA magazine is now live. Read the magazine here.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Sainsbury's to hand back £440m of business rates relief (BBC News)
- French regulator calls on EU to fix derivatives rules to lessen Brexit hit (City AM)
- The new black gold? Big Oil bets on retail networks in an electric era (Reuters)
- Bonmarche in administration again just months after rescue (Sky News)
- Green family to pay £50m into Arcadia pension scheme within 10 days (The Guardian)
- HSBC share price rockets 50% since its 25-year low (BBC News)
- Pfizer given protection from legal action by UK government (City AM)
- Good progress being made on Brexit trade deal, British minister says (Reuters)
- UK to become first country in Europe to ban live animal exports (The Guardian)
- Four out of five businesses not Brexit-ready (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.