CA daily briefing: Thursday 27 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
In the latest issue of CA magazine, we meet the CAs embracing a sustainable future and explore how sustainability has become critical to modern business, meeting those forging new models and new forms of leadership. We hope their stories serve as inspiration during a time of extraordinary change.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Covid: Banks call for overhaul of mortgage support (BBC News)
- Service sector optimism grows at fastest rate on record (City AM)
- Uber’s UK drivers gain collective bargaining with union recognition (Reuters)
- Shell ordered to reduce emissions by 45% by 2030 in landmark ruling (Sky News)
- Fresh support needed if UK lockdowns linger, warn business leaders (The Guardian)
- US and China trade officials hold 'candid' first talks of Biden era (BBC News)
- COVID-19: Hotels, bars and restaurants go on fastest hiring spree for more than five years (Sky News)
- AJ Bell profit soars as it attracts new, younger customers (City AM)
- Britain's former trade secretary calls for carbon border tax (Reuters)
- Tax soaring private jet use to fund green flying, says report (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.