CA daily briefing: Thursday 27 August
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you the latest news and updates from ICAS and around the world.
The latest from ICAS
The wait is over! We’re delighted to announce our 2020 Top 100 Young CAs.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Coronavirus: Rolls-Royce reports record loss as travel slumps (BBC News)
- WPP to pay dividend even as ad revenues slump due to coronavirus (City AM)
- British Gas paid 1.73 million pounds for mishandled payment changes (Reuters)
- Regulating advisers will reduce R&D tax relief abuse (Accountancy Daily)
- Gatwick airport to cut 600 jobs as Covid continues to hammer industry (The Guardian)
- Coronavirus: UK faces £22bn fall in global visitor spending - report (Sky News)
- Coronavirus: Pent-up demand 'leading to quicker home sales' (BBC News)
- EU trade boss Phil Hogan resigns over 'golfgate' (City AM)
- The Hut Group plans listing in boost to London IPO market (Reuters)
- TikTok chief executive Kevin Mayer resigns after Trump call to sell US assets (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.