CA daily briefing: Thursday 25 June
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
In our latest podcast episode, Indy Hothi CA is joined by One Young CA 2019 winner Hamisha Mehta CA to discuss diversity in the profession, the importance of a sustainable mindset in businesses and her OYCA win.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Royal Mail set to cut 2,000 management jobs (BBC News)
- Stocks sell-off continues as new cases rocket (City AM)
- 'The ball is in the UK's court,' EU's Brexit negotiator says (Reuters)
- Global economy will take $12tn hit from coronavirus, says IMF (The Guardian)
- Outsourcers Mitie and Interserve in advanced merger talks (Sky News)
- Coronavirus: Qantas to axe 6,000 jobs due to pandemic (BBC News)
- Westferry documents suggest Jenrick intentionally saved developer £50m (City AM)
- Stocks sell off as coronavirus surge knocks recovery hopes (Reuters)
- Treasury details post-Brexit financial services regulation (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for now. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.