CA daily briefing: Thursday 19 November
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here bringing you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Chartered Accountants Worldwide Network USA has launched to provide support and to connect over 7,000 chartered accountants who are living and working in the USA. Find out more in this article.
Today's top stories from around the web
- ComparetheMarket fined £17.9m over competition law breach (BBC News)
- Cineworld reportedly mulling CVA to get through to the spring (City AM)
- Kingfisher's sales soar on pandemic home improvement boom (Reuters)
- Jet2 posts half-year loss due to coronavirus pandemic (Sky News)
- Norwegian Air files for bankruptcy protection in Ireland (The Guardian)
- Exclusive: Coronavirus sees boost in internal hiring (City AM)
- President Xi at Apec: China pledges to open up its 'super-sized' economy (BBC News)
- London labour market hit harder by Covid than rest of UK, finds report (The Guardian)
- EU leaders set to demand no-deal plans be published: Times (Reuters)
- Royal Mail posts operating loss but pins hopes on a rise in parcel deliveries during pandemic (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.