CA daily briefing: Thursday 16 April
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you today's news from ICAS and around the globe.
The latest from ICAS
Bruce Cartwright CA offers thanks and support from ICAS during the coronavirus pandemic
We’re launching a new weekly email for members and moving our daily news briefing – CA Today – to the ICAS PWA (progressive web app). Find out more here.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Coronavirus: EasyJet losses could hit £380m after jets grounded (BBC News)
- UK 'probably' at coronavirus peak, says Chief Medical Officer (City AM)
- IMF head calls for Brexit trade talk extension (BBC News)
- UK retail sales drop by a quarter in first two weeks of lockdown (Reuters)
- Coronavirus: Cut-off date extended for £2,500-a-month furlough support scheme (Sky News)
- Coronavirus: World economy 'may face double recession' (BBC News)
- Jobs lost as Oasis and Warehouse fall into administration due to coronavirus (City AM)
- Shell deepens carbon reduction plans (Reuters)
- COVID-19: More lenders accredited for small business loan scheme (Accountancy Daily)
- Coronavirus: Business loans top £1.1bn - as Sunak urges banks to step up pace (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.