CA daily briefing: Thursday 13 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
We’re excited to have begun a new partnership with CityA.M. – London’s most-read financial and business newspaper – putting ICAS in front of thousands of workers across the capital and beyond.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Buyer demand outstrips homes on market (BBC News)
- BT ramps up broadband target as pre-tax profit drops 23 per cent (City AM)
- UK insurers pay 700 mln pounds so far in business interruption claims (Reuters)
- FTSE 100 closes above 7,000, but US stocks tumble amid inflation data (The Independent)
- Amazon wins appeal over €250m EU tax bill (The Guardian)
- Greensill lobbying scandal: David Cameron to face long afternoon of MPs' questions (Sky News)
- Tesla will no longer accept Bitcoin over climate concerns, says Musk (BBC News)
- 3i Group posts surge in investor returns for full year to £1.7bn (City AM)
- UK house price gauge hits highest since 1988 - RICS (Reuters)
- 30-day CGT reporting window struggles with multiple claims (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.