CA daily briefing: Thursday 12 November
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here bringing you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Anne Adrain looks at the emerging issue of impact management and measurement needed to achieve the UN SDGs.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK economy bounces back from recession (BBC News)
- London's housing market activity expected to slow next year, survey finds (City AM)
- Britain's Burberry recoups sales growth in October despite closed stores (Reuters)
- Tax people who work from home 5% to support at-risk jobs, says investment bank (The Independent)
- Government review urges major overhaul of capital gains tax (The Guardian)
- Kickstart jobs scheme creates 19,000 work placements (BBC News)
- Google searches for 'takeaway pints' rise 3,000% in a week (City AM)
- Rolls-Royce sells 94% of new shares in 2 billion pound rights issue (Reuters)
- FRC endorses push to global sustainability standards (Accountancy Daily)
- Debt crisis warning as UK reports steep rise in emergency borrowing (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.