CA daily briefing: Thursday 12 December 2019
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to provide you with the latest news.
Spotlight on ICAS
David Wood highlights some of the points arising in a new publication on the experiences and insights of audit committee chairs.
Liz Duffy and Christine Scott review the change in approach of The Pensions Regulator to workplace pension regulation.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK's winter election: What's in it for markets? (Reuters)
- General Election: Moment of truth for Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn (City AM)
- Boeing: US regulator admits 'mistake' over aircraft crashes (BBC News)
- UK house prices fall at fastest rate in seven months - RICS (Reuters)
- Superdry swings to £4.2m loss as Dunkerton hits reset button (City AM)
- Amazon and Deliveroo tie-up in doubt as watchdog raises concerns about higher prices and worse service (The Independent)
- Trump tariff deadline looms: 'It's very scary' (BBC News)
- Supercuts & Regis salons trimmed in management buyout deal (Sky News)
- European shares tick higher as Britons head to polls (Reuters)
That's all for today, check back tomorrow for the Friday briefing.