CA daily briefing: Thursday 10 December
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
In August this year, the ICAS Charities Panel published Guidance for charity trustees on going concern. As charities with 31 March year-ends approach their 31 December 2020 filing deadline for their trustees’ annual report and accounts and charities with 31 December year-ends accounts preparation, Christine Scott urges trustees of charities applying the Charities SORP to use our practical tailored guidance.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK growth slows again in October as rebound stalls (BBC News)
- 'Firm decision' on Brexit talks set for Sunday (City AM)
- UK pension insurance market may hit record volumes next year - Mercer (Reuters)
- UK economy will revive in 2021 but full recovery not likely until 2022, says CBI (The Guardian)
- Brexit: UK and Singapore sign £17.6bn free trade deal (Sky News)
- Tui boss says no to vaccine passport as travel giant posts multi-billion pound loss (City AM)
- Lower pound lifts FTSE 100 as Brexit talks stall (Reuters)
- UK has 'no authority' to impose tariffs in Boeing row says US (BBC News)
- COVID-19: Asda says all its stores will not open on Boxing Day - here are the other retailers staying shut (Sky News)
- HMRC eases deadlines for non-EU VAT refund claims (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.