CA daily briefing: Thursday 1 April
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
April's CA magazine is now live. Read the new edition here.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Young and old shoppers boost Next's online sales (BBC News)
- Liberty Steel owner Gupta insists no plants will close 'under my watch' (City AM)
- Stocks edge up as Biden spending plan boosts US outlook (Reuters)
- Deliveroo shares flop on much-anticipated London stock market debut (Sky News)
- London is worst-performing region as UK house prices fall (The Guardian)
- Companies House reforms give power to clamp down on fraud (Accountancy Age)
- Minimum wage rises for two million workers (BBC News)
- Quilter offloads international business to Utmost for £483m (City AM)
- Brexit reality only hitting now, EU's Barnier says (Reuters)
- Households saved record £238bn last year as economy slumped in lockdowns (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Friday briefing.