CA daily briefing: Monday 9 November
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here bringing you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
During the Learn Chapter of the CA Summit, experts discussed key issues business professionals are facing, including the future of the City of London and the ongoing trade negotiations between the US and UK. The Learn chapter is available to watch now.
Today's top stories from around the web
- EU and UK negotiators resume trade talks in London (BBC News)
- FTSE 100 climbs as global stocks hit record high on Biden victory (City AM)
- Apple suspends iPhone maker Pegatron for China labor abuses (Bloomberg)
- UK faces pre-Christmas slump on back of new COVID restrictions (The Guardian)
- Funding for drone firms helping to deliver COVID-19 tests and supplies (Sky News)
- 'Real living wage' rises to £9.50 an hour (BBC News)
- Scottish Widows pulls £440m from investments in ESG push (City AM)
- EU bank supports projects linked to human rights violations, NGOs claim (The Guardian)
- Sunak plots listings reform to aid City's quest to lure tech giants (Sky News)
- Aldi UK to extend click and collect trial to additional 200 stores (Reuters)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.