CA daily briefing: Monday 8 February
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
The June 2020 edition of CA magazine, the Evolution of Retail, has been shortlisted for Cover of the Year in the prestigious British Society of Magazine Editors Awards 2021. The winning cover is to be decided by the public with voting closing on Monday 8 February at 5pm. If you agree it deserves to win please vote for the cover.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Tesco tells Chancellor to hit online rivals with sales tax (BBC News)
- Senior politicians urge HSBC to unfreeze accounts of Hong Kong activist Ted Hui (City AM)
- Energy group Total and Macquarie unit win UK offshore wind project deal (Reuters)
- Draghi shores up support for a new Italian government (Bloomberg)
- Debt levels soar for business as UK economy struggles to recover from Covid (The Guardian)
- Supply cuts and stimulus hopes lift oil prices to pre-pandemic level of $60 per barrel (Sky News)
- Boohoo buys Dorothy Perkins, Wallis and Burton brands (BBC News)
- Cheaper rent draws tenants to central London locations (City AM)
- Government hits back at claims Brexit is stifling exports to EU (The Guardian)
- Rishi Sunak 'considering Amazon tax' to claw back pandemic borrowing from online retailers who profited (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.