CA daily briefing: Monday 7 December
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here with the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Susan Cattell gives an introduction to the HMRC consultation on Making Tax Digital for Corporation Tax – ICAS will be responding and would welcome views on the proposals.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Brexit: UK-EU talks to resume in final push for trade deal (BBC News)
- Scotland's public spending lead over England and Wales increases (City AM)
- Enough talk, time for action - Five questions for the ECB (Reuters)
- JPMorgan warns of crowded trades amid markets’ ‘clear consensus’ (Bloomberg)
- UK public's £100bn Covid savings could help recovery, says Haldane (The Guardian)
- Facebook’s digital currency has ‘put the frighteners’ on central banks (The Independent)
- B&Q owner hands back rates relief to take total returned past £2bn (Sky News)
- Mike Ashley's Frasers Group in talks to rescue Debenhams (BBC News)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia makes Brexit move to Amsterdam (Reuters)
- UK urged to follow Denmark in ending North Sea oil and gas exploration (The Guardian)
- Moneysupermarket Snoops on ex-Virgin Money chief's app (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.