CA daily briefing: Monday 4 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
As we welcome the new year, ICAS President Catherine Burnet CA shares a message for Members and looks at what's ahead for 2021.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Bitcoin tops $34,000 as record rally continues (BBC News)
- National lockdown looms as teachers go head-to-head with government (City AM)
- Euro share trading exits London for EU (Reuters)
- UK NHS gives world’s first Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine (Bloomberg)
- Almost 30,000 jobs lost in restaurant and dining sector in 2020 carnage (The Independent)
- Sorrell enters post-Brexit era with S4 takeovers worth £150m (Sky News)
- Ladbrokes owner Entain receives bid from MGM Resorts (BBC News)
- FTSE 100 opens higher despite new lockdown fears (City AM)
- Come clean on logjams at British borders as new Brexit rules kick in, ministers told (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.