CA daily briefing: Monday 30 November
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to get your week off to a good start with the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Justine Riccomini discusses the agreement by HMRC that allows virtual Christmas parties to be included in the ‘annual functions’ exemption.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Topshop owner Arcadia faces collapse within hours (BBC News)
- Foreign direct investment in UK to slow as investor priorities shift (City AM)
- Christmas, coronavirus and fear of no-deal Brexit push Europe's warehouses to the limit (Reuters)
- UK drug manufacturing given £20m boost to deal with future pandemics (Sky News)
- London suffers worst fall in job vacancies among major European citie (The Guardian)
- Coronavirus: Investment scams quadruple since virus lockdown (BBC News)
- Before the bell: Equity sentiment slips while all eyes are on OPEC (City AM)
- Time is running out for Brexit trade deal, UK minister says (Reuters)
- Biggest overhaul of farming in 50 years as landowners urged to protect environment (Sky News)
- IIRC, SASB to merge into new standards body (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.