CA daily briefing: Monday 3 February 2020
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison with your first briefing of the month.
The latest from ICAS
With only 17 working days between the UK Budget and the end of the current tax year, Donald Drysdale believes that those engaged in tax planning will need to keep on their toes. Read his latest article for actions to take before 5 April 2020.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Boris Johnson sets out vision of UK-EU trade deal (BBC News)
- Chinese stocks plunge as coronavirus fears rattle markets (City AM)
- UK productivity slowdown worst since Industrial Revolution (The Guardian)
- FTSE boards 'complacent' on ethnic diversity goal, report warns (Sky News)
- Audit resignations jump as sector faces regulatory pressure (City AM)
- GSK to collaborate with CEPI in effort to develop coronavirus vaccine (Reuters)
- Boxpark's profits jump as pop-up venue targets UK expansion (City AM)
- Car industry could see price war on hybrid vehicles in 2020 (The Guardian)
- Airbus to pay record £3bn to settle bribery and corruption probes (The Independent)
That's all for today, check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.