CA daily briefing: Monday 29 June
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to get your week off to a good start with the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Catch up on the ICAS Insights webinar: The Future of Sustainability. Led by Anne Adrain, we hear from Indy Hothi CA, ICAS Vice President, Helen Marshall CA, CFO Falcon Coffees, and Hannah Armitage, Project Manager Financial Reporting Council on the future of sustainability post-COVID-19.
Findings from our recent survey of ICAS Members are helping to shape future improvements to the services we provide. Find out more here.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Extra £14bn needed a year for climate, report says (BBC News)
- FTSE 100 falls as US struggles to contain spread of coronavirus (City AM)
- Coronavirus rekindles global trade disputes (Reuters)
- UK needs 'biggest-ever peacetime job creation plan' to stop mass unemployment (The Guardian)
- Coronavirus: Only 6% of public want life to return to pre-pandemic times (Sky News)
- Coronavirus: PM 'will not return to austerity of 10 years ago' (BBC News)
- Four killed in Pakistan Stock Exchange attack (City AM)
- UK must reveal state-aid plan to unblock Brexit talks, EU warns - FT (Reuters)
- Wirecard collapses amid accounting scandal (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for now. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.