CA daily briefing: Monday 20 April
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here with your first briefing of the week.
The latest from ICAS
Catch up on the most recent Ask ICAS webinar which focuses on how the charity sector has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tomorrow we’re launching a new weekly email for members and moving our daily news briefing – CA Today – to the ICAS PWA (progressive web app). Find out more here.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Government unveils £1.3bn scheme to help start-ups (BBC News)
- Richard Branson warns Virgin Atlantic needs coronavirus loan to survive (City AM)
- UK recovery after lockdown may be slowed by caution - BoE's Broadbent (Reuters)
- US futures decline while oil plunges below $14 (Bloomberg)
- Millions to claim as UK furlough scheme goes live (BBC News)
- UK shares inch higher as earnings season kicks off (Reuters)
- Bakery chain Le Pain Quotidien on brink of collapse (Sky News)
- Euro zone trade surplus grows, with decline in China imports (Reuters)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.