CA daily briefing: Monday 18 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here with the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
This Monday (18 May) marks the start of UK Mental Health Awareness Week, with the Mental Health Foundation announcing the theme for 2020 as “kindness”. Find out more about the help and support available in this area.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Japan's economy falls into recession as virus takes its toll (BBC News)
- FTSE 100 boosted as oil prices stage modest recovery (City AM)
- ECB's Lane: Euro zone economy won't hit pre-crisis level until 2021 at earliest (Reuters)
- Firms slash entry-level jobs by almost quarter owing to coronavirus (The Guardian)
- Ryanair says passenger numbers set to halve (BBC News)
- UK economy receives fresh warnings before Rishi Sunak addresses MPs (City AM)
- London office construction hit a record just a virus arrived (Bloomberg)
- Investing in firms with better record on social issues pays, study finds (The Guardian)
- British Steel's Chinese owner seeks £100m state loan (Sky News)
That's all for now. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.