CA daily briefing: Monday 17 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
Today's top stories from around the web
- Long working hours killing 745,000 people a year (BBC News)
- Average house prices hit new record but London prices stay still (City AM)
- BP's lobbying for gas shows rifts over path to net-zero emissions (Reuters)
- UK ‘faces labour shortage’ as Covid and Brexit fuel exodus of overseas workers (The Guardian)
- Campaigners find plastic waste from the UK dumped as far away as Turkey (Sky News)
- AT&T nearing $150bn Discovery streaming merger (BBC News)
- Ryanair says Covid-19 recovery has begun, as budget airline posts a record €815m loss (City AM)
- Bitcoin hits 3-month low, then rallies, on Musk tweets (Reuters)
- Hidden cost of umbrella companies in UK ‘may top £4.5bn a year’ (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.