CA daily briefing: Monday 16 December 2019
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison back on a Monday with the latest update from ICAS and around the world.
Spotlight on ICAS
Susan Cattell discusses ongoing issues arising from HMRC’s policy on reclassifying a taxpayer’s residence and highlights the need to look out for any incorrect ‘corrections’ of 2018/19 tax returns.
Today's top stories from around the web
- General election 2019: Johnson to welcome new MPs to Westminster (BBC News)
- Sports Direct profit jumps on premium lifestyle sales (City AM)
- Cineworld to buy Canada’s Cineplex for $1.64bn (Bloomberg)
- Converting coal plants to biomass could fuel climate crisis, scientists warn (The Guardian)
- Saudi Aramco becomes first $2tn company as shares surge (The Independent)
- British Steel takeover 'making progress' (BBC News)
- US exports to China to nearly double in 'totally done' trade deal (Reuters)
- Water bills to be cut by £50 in industry crackdown (BBC News)
That's all for today, check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.