CA daily briefing: Monday 15 March
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
Catch up on the latest episode of the CA Agenda podcast where host Indy Hothi CA sits down with Sumati Sharma CA, Partner in Aviation at Oliver Wyman, to discuss her work to improve gender equality, the importance of transparency in business and founding the Women in Aviation & Aerospace Charter, which is committed to creating a more balanced and fair industry for women.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Bank governor under fire for role in RBS scandal (BBC News)
- EU considers turning to Russia's Sputnik vaccine as Astrazeneca scepticism swells (City AM)
- Bitcoin takes breather after retreat from record near $62,000 (Reuters)
- UK house sellers boost asking prices as buyer inquiries surge (Bloomberg)
- Car industry lobbied UK government to delay ban on petrol and diesel cars (The Guardian)
- Business optimism highest since 2015 thanks to vaccine progress (Sky News)
- Chinese economy continues its pandemic bounce back (BBC News)
- Deliveroo plans to issue £1bn of new shares in upcoming London float (City AM)
- UK government opens new offices in Scotland in effort to shore up union (Reuters)
- Boris Johnson to unveil £3bn bus sector shake-up to drive 'levelling up' (The Guardian)
- Virgin Atlantic in discussions about £160m injection as travel ban forces fresh creditor talks (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.