CA daily briefing: Monday 13 April
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you the latest news and updates from ICAS and around the globe.
The latest from ICAS
We’re launching a new weekly email for members and moving our daily news briefing – CA Today – to the ICAS PWA (progressive web app). Find out more here.
Justine Riccomini runs through the latest information available on the HMRC JRS Portal through which employers and agents can claim furlough assistance grants.
In another article, Justine Riccomini explores some of the dangers lurking on the horizon for employers, advisers and regulatory bodies during the COVID-19 pandemic period and why it is important to abide by the Professional Conduct in Relation to Taxation (PCRT) guidance to safeguard all concerned.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Record deal to cut oil output ends price war (BBC News)
- RBS pays out 70 per cent of government coronavirus loans (City AM)
- Sunak says Britain's GDP may fall by up to 30% amid virus crisis - paper (Reuters)
- Imagination chiefs quit amid threat of Chinese power-grab (Sky News)
- World Bank warns South Asia's economic growth to slump (BBC News)
- Coronavirus: Parliament to return on 21 April (City AM)
- Just 1.4% of firms enquiring about UK coronavirus business loans successful (The Guardian)
- Coronavirus: Apple and Google phones to reveal if you've been near someone who has coronavirus (Sky News)
- Ireland's AIB approves 25,000 loan payment breaks - CEO (Reuters)
- East Midlands joins Europe’s airport premier league (The Independent)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.