CA daily briefing: Monday 11 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to bring you today's news.
The latest from ICAS
Join us on Tuesday for our Mental Fitness in Focus webinar with Jonny Jacobs CA, Finance Director EMEA, Starbucks and Lianne Stewart CA, Finance BP, Diageo. Catch up on episode two of the CA Agenda Podcast which features an interview with Jonny.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Businesses want 'clear guidance' on return to work (BBC News)
- British startups call on Treasury to change terms of Future Fund (City AM)
- Britain, EU start penultimate round of talks before key deadline (Reuters)
- Retail footfall suffers biggest ever drop with shoppers in lockdown (Sky News)
- French passengers exempt from UK quarantine plans (BBC News)
- ECB heads for more stimulus even as courts spar over limits (Bloomberg)
- Lloyds rushes to fix flaw that stopped firms receiving COVID loans (The Guardian)
- London house market set for £52bn post-lockdown splurge as transactions stall (City AM)
- VW steps up efforts to lure German buyers back to showrooms (Bloomberg)
- Virgin Money apologises and U-turns on credit card spending blocks (The Guardian)
That's all for now. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.