CA daily briefing: Monday 10 August
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here bringing you the latest news from ICAS and around the world.
The latest from ICAS
Jan Garioch CA provides an overview of HMRC's Guidance on import VAT issued on 27 July 2020 in her latest article.
Today's top stories from around the web
- One in three UK firms 'expect to make redundancies' (BBC News)
- Canary Wharf is 'open for business' as firms head back to the office (City AM)
- BP's green energy targets will be tough to meet (Reuters)
- UK insurer Royal London pays out £8.5m on COVID-related deaths (The Guardian)
- No-deal Brexit would relegate UK to 'minor leagues', says former WTO boss (The Independent)
- FTSE 100 opens higher despite US-China tensions (City AM)
- German firms expect public life to be restricted for a further 8.5 months (Reuters)
- UK consumer lending will plummet during 2020, say forecasts (The Guardian)
- MTD extension opens opportunities for tech vendors (Accountancy Age)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Tuesday briefing.