CA daily briefing: Friday 9 October
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft her to give you the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Amjad Hassan CA, Restructuring Manager, EY Edinburgh, has been named this year’s One Young CA.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK economic growth slows despite restaurant boost (BBC News)
- Marston's and Carlsberg get green light for £780m brewing merger (City AM)
- Exclusive: HSBC targets net zero emissions by 2050, earmarks 772 billion pounds green financing (Reuters)
- MPs ask for details about guaranteeing UK jobs after Arm takeover (The Guardian)
- Oil prices pause in week-long surge Norwegian strike drives strong gains (Reuters)
- LSE accepts €4.3 bln offer to sell Borsa Italiana to Euronext (City AM)
- Tim Hortons' UK expansion to create 2,000 jobs (BBC News)
- Could local lockdowns end up making left behind places even poorer? (The Independent)
- Government acts on ‘thuggish’ debt letters (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for this week. Check back next next week for your Monday briefing.