CA daily briefing: Friday 9 April
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
Bill MacLeod CA, member of the ICAS Ethics Board, talks about putting The Power of One into practice and why it’s important for CAs to put ethics at the heart of their professional responsibilities.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Covid-19: Tests for all travellers in 'traffic light' plan (BBC News)
- More than 500 City of London SMEs to benefit from new £50m Covid recovery fund (City AM)
- Digital pound would boost post-Brexit City of London, think-tank says (Reuters)
- Lockdown savers expect to be cautious with spending as restrictions ease (Sky News)
- Sharp pick-up in UK construction amid rapid economic recovery (The Guardian)
- FRC sketches out initial views on audit sanctions for auditors and directors (Accountancy Daily)
- Amazon holds early lead in historic union election (BBC News)
- Greensill lobbying row: Rishi Sunak’s texts to David Cameron published (City AM)
- British retailer Frasers warns of 200 million sterling lockdown charge (Reuters)
- FTSE 100 climbs to new post pandemic high, Sensex open in red (The Independent)
That's all for today. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.