CA daily briefing: Friday 8 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Global sustainability and integrated reporting organisations have launched a prototype climate-related financial disclosure standard. Anna Adrain reports.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Temporary jobs for UK workers 'surge in December' (BBC News)
- London hotel investment expected to boom in 2021 as vaccine roll-out whets investor appetite (City AM)
- Tesla's stock market value tops Facebook's in huge trading (Reuters)
- Europe’s contested deal with China sends warning to Joe Biden (Bloomberg)
- Bitcoin tops $40,000 as investors seek hedge against inflation (The Guardian)
- Government announcement on testing for travellers into UK leaves unanswered questions (The Independent)
- Investment in technology will help firms improve audit process (Accountancy Age)
- Bill Gates and Blackstone team up for £3bn Signature bid (Sky News)
- Barratt Developments to resume paying dividends next month (City AM)
That's all for this week. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.