CA daily briefing: Friday 7 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
Justine Riccomini advises on what training and events are taking place as well as the coronavirus and tax resources available to members on the ICAS website and beyond.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Holiday costs to jump in summer, warns travel boss (BBC News)
- British Airways owner IAG posts €1.1bn loss as passengers remain grounded (City AM)
- UK jobs market hits full throttle as lockdown eases: KPMG/REC (Reuters)
- UK ministers urged to make tech giants responsible for scams (The Guardian)
- Single-use plastic bags to cost 10p at all shops in England from 21 May (Sky News)
- China's exports soar as US recovers and India stalls (BBC News)
- Exclusive: Business group urges government to launch Covid bonds in 'war-style' recovery plan (City AM)
- Sanjeev Gupta close to winning £200m loan to save Liberty Steel (The Guardian)
- Tui to subsidise Covid tests for package holiday customers (BBC News)
- Taxman chasing Gary Lineker for £5m over IR35 dispute (City AM)
That's all for today. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.