CA daily briefing: Friday 7 August
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here bringing you the latest news from ICAS and around the world.
The latest from ICAS
We’ve all experienced the way we work having changed in 2020; so have the ways we communicate, both internally and externally. Liz Smith, Business Development Director at Lugo looks at how we have adapted to this new way of working.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Millions set to see 'big savings' as price cap lowered (BBC News)
- Uber's food delivery business doubles but demand for rides falters (City AM)
- BoE forecasts show improvement, but hardship lies ahead (Reuters)
- Watchdog warns UK high-cost lenders about exploitation (The Guardian)
- Self-employment income support: is it payback time? (Accountancy Age)
- Trump steps up war against TikTok with new executive order (Sky News)
- Anger rises as British Airways cuts start to bite (BBC News)
- Britain seeks to smooth post-Brexit Northern Ireland trade disruption (Reuters)
- Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg joins centibillionaire club (The Guardian)
That's all for this week. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.