CA daily briefing: Friday 6 November
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Justine Riccomini sets out the latest information relating to the extension to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) on 1 November 2020.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Brexit: Watchdog warns of 'significant' border disruption (BBC News)
- European lockdowns force EasyJet to scale back capacity even further (City AM)
- Wealthy countries edge towards global climate finance goal (Reuters)
- Biden’s hold on race tightens as Trump hopes for court victory (Bloomberg)
- Future market for Covid vaccines 'could be worth more than $10bn a year' (The Guardian)
- Furlough scheme extended until end of March, Chancellor Rishi Sunak announces (Sky News)
- Insurer RSA's shares soar on £7.2bn takeover talks (BBC News)
- UK house prices rise at fastest annual pace since 2016 - Halifax (Reuters)
- Bentley to stop making petrol cars by 2030 and go fully electric (The Guardian)
- Bank of England unleashes further £150bn of support for economy (Sky News)
That's all for this week. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.