CA daily briefing: Friday 5 March
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
ICAS has responded to the IASB proposal to amend IFRS 16, Leases, for COVID-19-related rent concessions beyond 30 June 2021.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Budget 2021: Four things missing from Rishi Sunak (BBC News)
- Prime outer London house prices boom as demand for extra space continues to rise (City AM)
- US, UK suspend tariffs in bid to settle aircraft row (Reuters)
- China rebounds with economic growth target above 6% (BBC News)
- Tens of thousands of jobs at risk as Greensill Capital moves closer to collapse (The Guardian)
- Boohoo under renewed pressure as firm urged to link bonuses to progress on workers' rights (Sky News)
- UBS bonus pot jumps to $3.3bn during pandemic year (City AM)
- Analysis: Wealth managers frustrated over bitcoin, anxious for piece of the action (Reuters)
- Budget 2021: HMRC taskforce to combat £3.5bn covid-related fraud (Accountancy Daily)
- Former transport secretary Greening joins On The Beach (Sky News)
That's all for this week. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.