CA daily briefing: Friday 27 November
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to bring you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
A new, targeted inward investment plan has been launched that aims to further internationalise Scotland’s economy. Find out more in this article.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Rishi Sunak faces state pension conundrum (BBC News)
- Today: 'Urgent' EU meeting on fisheries may signal breakthrough in Brexit talks (City AM)
- AstraZeneca CEO expects to run new global trial of COVID-19 vaccine: Bloomberg (Reuters)
- Black Friday expected to beat UK online sales records (The Guardian)
- Black Friday: Next, M&S and Wilko shun sales event (BBC News)
- Nicola Sturgeon calls for Scottish independence referendum next year (City AM)
- Britain to curb Google and Facebook with tougher competition rules (Reuters)
- COVID-19: Amazon staff in the UK to get pay bonus in run-up to Christmas (Sky News)
- UK pubs announce heavy losses and job cuts as Covid curbs bite (The Guardian)
- Businesses defy Brexit and Covid with international expansion (Accounting Web)
That's all for this week. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.