CA daily briefing: Friday 25 September
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbsion here with today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
In her latest article, Charlotte Barbour MA, CA, CTA (Fellow) reports on ICAS input to the current debate on tax reform.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Uncertainty as industries miss out on job support (BBC News)
- UK watchdog tells banks to improve remote working safeguards (City AM)
- UK deputy finance minister says economic recovery is fragile (Reuters)
- EU companies are losing hope of a Brexit deal (Bloomberg)
- Rising number of Londoners looking for work outside capital, says job site (The Guardian)
- Potential vaccine passes another hurdle as Phase 3 trial set to begin in the UK (Sky News)
- UK borrowing soars in August as Covid costs mount (BBC News)
- City watchdog blasts UK banks over money laundering safeguards (City AM)
- New York stays ahead of London in top financial centres survey (Reuters)
- Many Google staff may never return to office full-time post-Covid (The Guardian)
That's all for this week. Check next week for your Monday briefing.