CA daily briefing: Friday 22 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Justine Riccomini explains the temporary extension to the Additional Dwelling Supplement in Scotland which extends the time limit for Scottish homeowners to sell their old main residence to 36 months.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK borrowing soars to cope with impact of virus (BBC News)
- UK retail sales crash a record 18.1% in April lockdown (City AM)
- UK risks slow COVID-19 recovery, all stimulus options under review - BoE's Ramsden (Reuters)
- Facebook expects half of employees to work remotely over next five to 10 years (The Guardian)
- EasyJet to resume flights next month with strict face mask rule (Sky News)
- Mortgage payment holiday extended for further three months (BBC News)
- Close Brothers' securities division helps to offset coronavirus impact (City AM)
- China drops GDP goal as parliament opens, virus slams economy (Reuters)
- Bank investors rebel over Lloyds' proposal for executive pay (The Guardian)
That's all for now. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.