CA daily briefing: Friday 21 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
Are you considering going into practice and working for yourself? Read or top ten tips for those considering starting in practice.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Retail sales soar in April as shops reopen (BBC News)
- Card Factory completes £225m refinancing as reopening sales soar (City AM)
- UK consumers regain pre-COVID confidence level - GfK (Reuters)
- Charge for single-use plastic bags extends to all shops today - and they're getting more expensive (Sky News)
- Shares in alt-milk maker Oatly surge on US stock market debut (The Guardian)
- EU resurrects plan for single European tax policy (Accountancy Daily)
- WeWork reports $2bn loss ahead of stock market debut (BBC News)
- UK will cut tariffs on Australian imports to zero by mid-2030s under trade deal (City AM)
- Industrials push FTSE 100 higher; Trainline slumps (Reuters)
- UK factory output rebounds after increase in demand (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.