CA daily briefing: Friday 18 December
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Find out some of the key stats on the webinars we have run this year and catch-up on what you’ve missed in our 2020 webinar roundup.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Brexit: Trade talks to resume as sides warn 'differences' remain (BBC News)
- Amazon circles Post Office as it loosens ties with Royal Mail (City AM)
- EU's Barnier says: just hours left for a Brexit trade deal (Reuters)
- China says EU investment deal now in final stage, hails progress (Bloomberg)
- Rishi Sunak extends UK furlough scheme by one month to end of April (The Guardian)
- TalkTalk agrees to £1.1bn takeover (The Independent)
- High stakes for losers in Big Pharma vaccine race (Accountancy Age)
- Pre-Christmas lockdown restrictions hit retail sales (BBC News)
- FTSE largely flat with political gamechangers in holding pattern (City AM)
- Pandemic tests Rolls-Royce resilience after prolonged engine trouble (Reuters)
That's all for today and for 2020. Check in the New Year for your first briefing of 2021.