CA daily briefing: Friday 15 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
HMRC propose to change the rules on apportioning the consideration between supplies with mixed VAT liabilities in a single transaction - Jan Garioch CA discusses a recently issued consultation document.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK economy shrank by 2.6% in November (BBC News)
- Before the Bell: Details of Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus package (City AM)
- Car insurance premiums in Britain fall 6% in fourth-quarter - survey (Reuters)
- COVID-19: Struggling Norwegian slims down with the loss of 1,100 Gatwick jobs (Sky News)
- German economy shrank by just 5% in 2020 amid Covid-19 (The Guardian)
- Small businesses await Covid insurance case ruling (BBC News)
- SFO closes investigation into British American Tobacco (City AM)
- Asia shares turn lower as recovery concerns resurface (Reuters)
- Brexit: No plans to dilute workers' rights, minister says (BBC News)
- Lidl named UK's cheapest supermarket as it pips Aldi by 34p in annual Which? study (Sky News)
That's all for this week. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.