CA daily briefing: Friday 13 March 2020
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Evelyn Wilkins here with your final briefing of the week.
The latest from ICAS
The latest Professional Insights video is now available. This month’s video highlights include coronavirus, our new General Practice Manual, and news from our Tax team on the UK Budget.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Stocks crash as pandemic panic sweeps markets (Reuters)
- Budget 2020: read the small print on spending pledge, urges IFS (The Guardian)
- Gambling firm Betway hit with record £11.6m fine (The Independent)
- Bank of England considers introduction of electronic banknotes (BBC News)
- Regulators to review financial sector levy in the wake of ‘unacceptable’ IT failures (City AM)
- Coronavirus poses threat to climate action, says watchdog (The Guardian)
- FTSE 100 sees red despite rate cut (City AM)
- Family owned businesses hit by slashed entrepreneurs’ relief (Accountancy Daily)
- H20's Alpha 10 fund suffers huge losses amid market rout (City AM)
That's all for this week. Check back on Monday for your next briefing.