CA daily briefing: Friday 13 December 2019
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here giving you the latest update from ICAS and around the world.
Spotlight on ICAS
Does a matchmaking service fall under the consultants’ services provisions (VATA 1994 Sch4A para16(2)(d)) so that supplies to non-taxable persons outside the EU fall outside the scope? Jan Garioch CA discusses a recent case, Gray & Farrar International LLP v HMRC, which saw the First Tier Tribunal divided on its impact.
Today's top stories from around the web
- General election 2019: Pound and shares surge (BBC News)
- Boris Johnson says NHS is his top priority in election victory speech (City AM)
- Private equity bidders line up for Thomas Cook airline Condor: Wirtschaftswoche (Reuters)
- Businesses urge Johnson to secure trade deals (BBC News)
- General Election night: Who are the big MP casualties? (City AM)
- UK property funds suffer worst week since Brexit referendum (The Guardian)
- Trump 'signs off' on deal to pause US-China trade war (BBC News)
- PM urged to avoid 'arbitrary' Brexit deadlines after election win (Sky News)
- Beijing's legal influence triggers disquiet in Hong Kong financial sector (Reuters)
That's all for today, check back next week for the Monday briefing.